It isn’t hyperbole to say, “I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for my mom.”
Yes, she gave birth to you (or claimed you as her own if you’re adopted), but she also helped shape you into the person you are today.
Without her loving, caring, and supportive presence, you wouldn’t be here with the same values, character traits, and sense of belonging that you possess right now.
And there’s no better time than today to let your mom know that you haven’t missed a thing — all of the love she’s given you, the time she’s invested in you, and the sacrifices she’s made for you.
Whether you want to thank her with appreciation Mother’s Day quotes, or you just had a swelling surge of gratitude on a random day, we have just the list you need.
These quotes on motherly love and devotion will put into words the deep feelings you have for your Mamacita!
31 Mother Appreciation Quotes to Show You Care
If you appreciate your mother but don’t know precisely how to put your feelings into words, these quotes from famous people and thought leaders will inspire you to craft your personal message to mom.
Use them as-is, or rewrite them to suit your style and sentiments. There’s no right or wrong here — your mom’s heart will melt just knowing how you feel about her.
1. “Everything I’ve learned that’s worth knowing, I learned from my mother.” – Kelly Roper
3. “I look back on my childhood and thank the stars above. For everything you gave me, but mostly for your love.” — Wayne F. Winters
4. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
5. “If I had a single flower for every time I think of you, I could walk forever in my garden.” – Claudia Ghandi
6. “If I know what love is, it’s because of you.” – Hermann Hesse
8. “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her. ” —Jodi Picoult
9. “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” —Mahatma Gandhi
10. “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
11. “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” —Lisa Leslie
13. “There is nothing as sincere as a mother’s kiss.” —Saleem Sharma
14. “A mother’s love is more beautiful than any fresh flower.” —Debasish Mridha
16. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” —Cardinal Mermillod
17. “If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” —Stevie Wonder
More Related Articles
18. “There is no velvet so soft as a mother’s lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps.” —Archibald Thompson
19. “Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease.” —Lisa Alther
21. “A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” —Marion C. Garretty
22. “To a child’s ear, ‘mother’ is magic in any language.” —Arlene Benedict
23. “Mother—that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.” —T. Dewitt Talmage
24. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” —Michael Jordan
25. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” —Dorothy Canfield Fisher
26. “The sweetest sounds to mortals given are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.” – William Goldsmith Brown
27. “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” — Tenneva Jordan
28. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” — Victor Hugo
29. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” — George Eliot
30. “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” – Emily Dickinson
31. “The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom.” — Sandra Vischer
How will you use these appreciation quotes for mom?
You’ve found the quote or quotes for mom that reflect how you feel about your mother. So now what? There are so many ways to use them beyond simply putting them in a Mother’s Day card.
Consider some of these ideas:
- Print your favorite on a mug to give mom as a gift.
- Put several on sticky notes and post them around your mom’s house.
- Email or text her a quote a day for 31 days.
- Have a calligrapher create a beautiful design with the quote and frame it for mom.
Now that you’re inspired, go forth and show some love to your beautiful mama!