Hey, what’s with the attitude?
Do you find yourself thinking that when you encounter a sour-faced Eeyore who’s determined to be downcast no matter how positive things are?
Don’t you want to shake them and say, “Hey, life is pretty good.
Why do you keep dwelling on the bad stuff?”
Perhaps they are seriously depressed, and that’s another matter altogether.
But some people have a habit of looking on the dark side, well, just because.
If they could read just one pithy, pointed negative attitude quote, it might remind them there’s more to life than gloom and doom.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of 27 quotes about bad attitudes — because sometimes it takes more than one.
Need a Bad Attitude Quote? Here Are 27 of the Best
It’s hard to tell a friend or loved one that they need an attitude adjustment. They may think you’re critical or judgmental.
But writing down some negative attitude quotes in a caring card or email might inspire your Debbie Downer or Negative Ned to put on some rose-colored glasses for a change.
Read through these quotes and see which ones best apply to the negative person in your life.
1. “There is too much negativity in the world. Do your best to make sure you aren’t contributing to it.” ― Germany Kent
2. “Nothing good stands without the right attitude. You may know how to do it, but if the attitude is negative, all you can say is “I could have done it”.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
3. “You can’t get what you want, if the intentions are solely directed for self-benefits.” ― Ashish Patel
4. “You cannot be healthy; you cannot be happy; you cannot be prosperous; if you have a bad disposition.” — Emmet Fox
5. “Everything depends on attitude. We are ambitious or lazy, enthusiastic or dull, loyal, or undependable, according to our attitude.” — Sterling W. Sill
7. “Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don’t hang around long enough for his/her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead, surround yourself with optimistic people.” –Zig Ziglar
8. “You will only find the happiness you seek when you drop your negative attitude towards life, embrace life, and be happy.” –Leon Brown
9. “There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” — W. Clement Stone
10. “When you know very well what to do and how to do it, your attitude determines how well you will have it done!” –Israelmore Ayivor
11. “A bad attitude can literally block love, blessings, and destiny from finding you. Don’t be the reason you don’t succeed.” — Mandy Hale
13. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” — Winston Churchill
14. “Don’t let someone who has a bad attitude give it to you.” — Joyce Meyer
15. “In a word, most bad attitudes are the result of selfishness.” — John C. Maxwell
16. “Negativity is cannibalistic. The more you feed it, the bigger and stronger it grows.” ― Bobby Darnell
18. “People who consider themselves victims of their circumstances will always remain victims unless they develop a greater vision for their lives.” — Stedman Graham
19. “Good attitudes among players do not guarantee a team’s success, but bad attitudes guarantee it’s failure.” — John C. Maxwell
20. “It’s said that people who give excuses for the reason not to do something always formulate those excuses, waiting for the reason to surface to justify their excuses!” — Israelmore Ayivor
21. “It isn’t what happens to us that causes us to suffer; it’s what we say to ourselves about what happens.” — Pema Chodron
23. “Shift yourself away from the slippery ground of bad attitudes and you’ll not drift off!” — Israelmore Ayivor
24. “A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.” — Hugh Downs
25. “You can either give in to negative feelings or fight them, and I’m of the belief that you should fight them.” — Ruth Westheimer
26. “You have the ability to control your thoughts.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
27. “Life is a daily cleansing. Negativity must be washed away, if you wish to attract positive experiences to your life.” — Leon Brown
More Related Articles
No one can maintain a positive attitude all the time, but for those whose personalities tend toward the darker side, these quotes might just press a reset button.