When you’re starting a new relationship, it can be difficult to put into words just how you feel about your new love.
The feelings of infatuation, excitement, and anticipation make all aspects of your life seem brighter and happier.
But when you’re newly in love, it’s hard to articulate exactly what you’re feeling because you’re so overwhelmed with emotions.
Fortunately, millions of others have been where you are now, and many of them have succeeded in putting their most powerful thoughts about new relationships into words.
Now all you have to do is look them over and make your own copies of the ones that resonate most strongly with you or your significant other.
Those are the ones that will mean the most when you share them. And maybe you’ll want to share a few with the new love in your life!
68 New Relationship Quotes
1. “Suddenly life has new meaning to me, there’s beauty up above and things we never take notice of, you wake up suddenly you’re in love.” ― Billy Ocean
2. “The best part about getting to know you is anticipating that each day brings new surprises that are all about you” ― Robin Raven
3. “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” ― Nicholas Sparks
4. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ― Victor Hugo
5. “The minute I heard my first love story – I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere – they’re in each other all along.” ― Rumi
6. “Love lets you find those hidden places in another person, even the ones they didn’t know were there, even the ones they wouldn’t have thought to call beautiful themselves.” — Hilary T. Smith
7. “I have learned not to worry about love; But to honor its coming with all my heart.” ― Alice Walker
8. “There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.” ― George Sand
9. “It does not need that a poem should be long. Every word was once a poem. Every new relationship is a new word.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” — Morrie Schwartz
11. “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself – to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.” ― Leo Buscaglia
12. “Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” ― Plato
13. “Love must be learned, and learned again and again; there is no end to it.” ― Katherine Anne Porter
14. “To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others.” — Francois Mauriac
15. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” — Carl Jung
16. “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
17. “Love doesn’t make the world go ‘round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” ― Franklin P. Jones.
18. “And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.” ― Khalil Gibran
19. “Maybe that’s what love is. Having someone who guides you through different experiences, coaxes you to try news things but still makes you feel safe.” ― Wally Lamb
20. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss
21. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” ― Henry David Thoreau
22. “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” ― Thomas Merton
23. “You make me feel like I am everywhere when I am right here, completely still with you.” ― Crystal Woods
24. “Through you, I realised that life gave me everything.” ― Maxime Lagacé
25. “Nobody can predict the future. You just have to give your all to the relationship you’re in and do your best to take care of your partner, communicate and give them every last drop of love you have. I think one of the most important things in a relationship is caring for your significant other through good times and bad.” ― Nick Cannon
26. “I think perhaps love comes from finding someone you feel utterly comfortable with, someone who makes you comfortable with yourself. It’s like… finding yourself, or maybe it’s like finding the other part of yourself.” ― Candice Proctor
27. “Love is the product of how you respond … Love is showing your partner they’re safe, you’ll catch them if they fall, and you’ll drop everything if they need you. Love is unconditional. Love doesn’t keep score.” ― Shane Parrish
28. “The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing.” ― Blaise Pascal
29. “The love we give away is the only love we keep.” — Elbert Hubbard
30. “New love is grand. Savor all the crazy, muddled might of it.” ― Eli Easton
31. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” ― Oscar Wilde
32. “You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover’s arms can only come later when you’re sure they won’t laugh if you trip.” ― Jonathan Carroll
33. “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” ― Charles Dickens
34. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love – true love.” ― Robert Fulghum
35. “I would not wish any companion in the world but you.” ― William Shakespeare
36. “I love that you are my person and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together.” — A.R. Asher
37. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” — T. Tolis
38. “It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.” ― Vladimir Nabokov
39. “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” ― Sarah Dessen
40. “Love cannot be forced, love cannot be coaxed or teased. It comes out of heaven, unasked and unsought.” ― Pearl S. Buck
41. “Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” — Anthony Robbins
42. “Love is the flower; you’ve got to let it grow.” ― John Lennon
43. “But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.” ― Maria V. Snyder
More Related Articles:
44. “Love’s greatest gift is its ability to make everything it touches sacred.” ― Barbara De Angelis
45. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies” ― Aristotle
46. “Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.” ― Maya Angelou
47. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” ― Helen Keller
48. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love.” ― Rumi
49. “For you see, each day I love you more / Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” ― Rosemonde Gérard
50. “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another.” ― Thomas Merton
51. “I don’t care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart.” ― Josephine Angelini
52. “We are most alive when we’re in love.” — John Updike
53. “Love is the most terrible, and also the most generous of the passions; it is the only one which includes in its dreams the happiness of someone else.” ― Alphonse Karr
54. “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” — Andre Breton
55. “Being in love, I find myself smiling for no reason at all.” ― Nicholas Sparks
56. “But one of the attributes of love, like art, is to bring harmony and order out of chaos, to introduce meaning and affect where before there was none, to give rhythmic variations, highs and lows to a landscape that was previously flat.” ― Molly Haskell
57. “Love is the beginning of the journey, its end, and the journey itself.” ― Deepak Chopra
58. “I know of no greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, without end.” ― Franz Kafka
59. “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” ― Erich Segal
60. “Love is the expansion of two natures in such a fashion that each include the other, each is enriched by the other.” ― Felix Adler
61. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” ― Audrey Hepburn
62. “Maybe I don’t know that much but I know this much is true, I was blessed because I was loved by you.” ― Celine Dion
63. “Better than I was, more than I am, and all of this happened by taking your hand.” — Tim McGraw
64. “Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible—it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.” — Barbara de Angelis
65. “You might not have been my first love, but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant.” — Rupi Kaur
66. “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.” — Woody Allen
67. “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” ― Leo Tolstoy
68. “Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person.” ― Jim Henson
Here’s how to use these new relationship quotes.
Now that you have 68 new relationship quotes to draw from for love notes and other thoughtful messages, which ones stood out to you?
Which do you think best represent the bond between you and your new love?
With 68 to choose from and reflect upon, I hope you find it easier and more enjoyable to connect on an even deeper level with your best friend.
Maybe you’re already thinking of ways to share some of these quotes:
- Incorporate a quote into a hand-crafted piece of wall art (painting, calligraphy, etc.).
- Have a mug designed with one of your favorites.
- Share one with a handwritten note attached to a favorite treat.
Whatever you do, be authentic and add your own personal flavor to it. Your new love will see that and appreciate the gift all the more.
May your thoughtfulness and creativity influence everything you do today.