A new relationship can be a dizzying experience.
You have finally found someone you can call your own, and you’re on cloud nine.
Everything is new and fresh, and you can’t get enough of each other.
But it’s essential to ground your feelings in reality when leaning into a new relationship.
Figuring out if your significant other is truly in love can help you to understand where the relationship is heading and how to proceed accordingly.
Quizzing your boyfriend can help you to get a sense of his true feelings.
Using some of our love test questions for him in conversation gives you a clear idea of where your relationship stands.
Why Do You Need to Test Your Boyfriend?
Testing your boyfriend isn’t about tricking him or making him jump through hoops.
It helps to avoid miscommunication between you and your partner so that you can make the best decision possible for the relationship.
Here are some reasons why you may need to test your boyfriend’s love for you:
- You’re not sure where the relationship is going and want to get a better sense of his feelings
- You want to improve communication with your partner
- You suspect he may be cheating on you or otherwise being unfaithful
- You’re worried he doesn’t truly love you
- You want to know if you both feel mutual
- You’re not sure if you’re ready to take the relationship to the next level
125 Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend to Test His Love
By asking your partner some of the following love test questions, you can get a better sense of where his head is at and how he truly feels about you.
1. Do you see a future with me?
2. Have you ever considered a breakup with me?
3. How long do you see us in this relationship?
4. What do you think our best-case future looks like?
5. What’s your favorite thing about your relationship?
6. Are we on equal footing in the relationship? Do you like me as much as I like you?
7. Is our relationship having a positive effect on your life?
8. What needs improvement in our relationship?
9. If you could change one thing about me or our relationship, what would it be?
10. Do you love me unconditionally?
11. What is your idea of a romantic relationship? What most enamors you or turns you on?
12. What makes you feel most loved by me?
13. Do you consider us to be in a healthy relationship? Why so, or why not?
14. Do you think people in relationships should be willing to change for each other?
15. How do you feel about having children? What are your thoughts on parenting?
16. Do you think love is enough to keep a relationship strong, or do you think other factors are necessary?
17. What do you think love should be like? Do you have a clear vision of what the perfect relationship is?
18. What are your thoughts on marriage? Is it something you would want for us someday?
19. What makes you feel most fulfilled in a relationship?
20. What makes you feel most secure in a relationship?
21. How do you show love and affection towards me? Is it enough, or do you think I need more?
22. What are your thoughts on love and intimacy? What is your ideal level of physical affection?
23. What is your love language?
24. What is your policy and history regarding cheating and other forms of infidelity?
25. Are you willing to compromise in a relationship, or do you think it’s important always to get your way?
26. What are your thoughts on trust and communication in a relationship? What makes you feel like you can trust a partner?
27. How do you handle arguments and conflict within a relationship?
28. Let’s dig into our sexual compatibility a bit. What are your thoughts on sex? Is it an important part of a long-term relationship for you?
29. What are your thoughts on monogamy? Do you think it’s possible to be monogamous for life, or do you think that eventually, people will want to stray?
30. What are your thoughts on love and communication outside of a romantic relationship? What role do friends and family play in your love life?
31. Do you think that love is something that you can measure, or is it more abstract and intangible?
32. If love is a feeling, how do you know when you’re truly in love?
33. Is love something you feel all the time, or is it more of an occasional emotion?
34. Should we talk about our past relationships? How does discussing the romantic past make you feel?
35. What is my best quality, something better than anyone else you’ve dated?
36. Do you love me for who I am, or do you love me despite my flaws?
37. What is the most significant thing I’ve done for you?
38. What is the most significant sacrifice that you’ve made for our relationship?
39. What is the contribution you’ve made to this relationship?
39. What are your thoughts on PDA (public displays of affection)? Is it something you’re comfortable with, or do you prefer to keep our love private?
40. Do you feel I am/would get along with your family? How can I make that happen/better?
41. Do you love spending time with me? What are some things that we could do together that would make our time even better?
42. What is your idea of a perfect date?
43. What is the best memory that we’ve shared together?
44. What is a wish you have for us?
45. How have I made you a better person? In what ways have I helped you grow and improve?
46. What is your biggest pet peeve in the relationship?
More Related Posts
47. What would happen if we broke up? How would you feel?
48. How do you break up with partners?
49. Would it take you a long time to move on if we split up?
50. Do you miss me when I’m not around?
51. How do we ensure we never end things on bad terms?
52. Do you think we could handle and maintain a long-distance relationship?
53. What makes you grateful to be alive?
54. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
55. Tell me something that you’ve never shared with anyone else before.
56. What’s the thing that you love the most about yourself?
57. How do you see your friends interacting with your girlfriend? Would you like us to spend more time with them, or would you prefer to separate your social groups?
58. If my physical appearance changed, such as my weight or hair, would you still love me?
59. Do you love me for my personality or my looks?
60. Are there any areas in which you feel that I could improve?
62. If we had a disagreement, how would you prefer to handle it?
63. Do you notice any patterns in how you relate to your partners?
64. What are some of your biggest relationship deal-breakers?
65. Who do I remind you of?
66. Are you ok with conflict, or does it make you feel uncomfortable?
67. What are some boundaries I should respect, and do we need to decide on a few boundaries together?
68. What makes you feel disrespected or not heard?
69. What are your biggest fears regarding being vulnerable in a relationship?
70. What else can I do to make you feel loved?
71. Can we set a regular time to discuss our relationship?
72. Can we reminisce about our first date and what made it so special?
73. What arouses you? Would you like to incorporate some of these ideas in the bedroom?
74. Do you trust me with your deepest secrets and most vulnerable moments?
75. In what ways have I been supportive during challenging times?
76. Are we exclusive/what does our exclusivity mean?
77. Have I seen you at your worst? How did I react, and how did it make you feel?
78. What are you an expert on? What can you teach me about what you know?
79. Do you have any close friends I don’t know about?
80. What are your favorite love songs?
81. What love scenes from movies make you feel the most romantic?
82. What love stories inspire you?
83. What love quotes resonate with you?
84. Do you feel a lot of pressure dating me? In which situations?
85. What do you think about the pacing of our relationship? Do we move too fast, too slow, or just right?
86. Are we spending enough time together, and are we having quality time when we’re together?
87. Am I your best friend? How do you define the term “best friend?”
88. What can I do to make sure you feel like you’re my best friend?
89. How much freedom do you need in a relationship?
90. Do you ever feel suffocated or controlled in this relationship?
91. Are there any topics that are off-limits for discussion?
92. What are your thoughts on religion and spirituality? Do you think that we share the same beliefs?
93. Do you experience jealousy in this relationship? In what situations?
94. Has my jealousy affected the quality of our relationship?
95. Are we intellectually matched? Do you think we can keep up with each other’s wit and humor?
96. When did I make you laugh the hardest? Do you find me funny?
97. What are your fantasies? Both in and out of the bedroom?
98. Would you trust me with your life?
99. Do you believe in soulmates? If so, do you think I could be your soulmate?
100. What’s on your bucket list? What fun things do you want to accomplish in your lifetime?
101. Where would we go on our honeymoon if we got married?
102. Would you relocate if I got a job offer in another city or country?
103. Do you think that we’ll still be together ten years from now? 20 years from now?
104. What are your thoughts on adoption? Or other methods of starting a family if we cannot have children naturally?
105. Would you be okay if I didn’t want to have children?
106. When did you decide that you wanted us to make our relationship official?
107. Tell me what it felt like when we had our first kiss.
108. When did you first know that you had feelings for me?
109. Where do you like to be touched the most?
110. Would you protect me if I were in danger?
111. Would you take care of me if I were sick?
112. How many times a day do you think of me?
113. How much time does it take for you to miss me?
114. Would it embarrass you if I showed you how much I love you in public?
117. Have you ever had your heart broken before? How did it happen, and how long did it take for you to recover?
118. What types of music, movies, or books are your favorites? Do you think we share similar tastes?
119. What’s the best thing I’ve ever cooked for you?
120. What’s the best lovemaking experience that we’ve shared together?
121. What would be your idea of a romantic weekend getaway?
122. How would you describe me to your family?
123. Who knows you the best? Could that person be me someday?
124. Do you have any regrets about this relationship?
125. If you only had a short time to live, how would you want to spend that time? With me?
How Should You Ask These Questions to Test Your Boyfriend?
Like most other conversations, questions are more about how and when you say them than what you say. If you want to get the most out of these love test questions, here are some tips on how and when to ask them:
- First, decide when is best. The best time to ask your boyfriend these questions is when you’re both relaxed and comfortable with each other. Avoid asking him these deeper questions in moments of tension or conflict. His answers will likely be more defensive and less thoughtful if he’s in a bad mood.
- Second, choose the right setting. Avoid asking him these love test questions in a public place where others can overhear your conversation. Instead, ask him when you’re alone and can have an uninterrupted conversation. Intimacy allows him to feel more comfortable sharing his innermost thoughts and feelings with you.
- Third, be patient. Don’t expect him to answer all of these love test questions right away. He may need some time to think about his answers, or he may not be ready to share everything with you just yet. Give him the space to reflect on his answers, and be prepared to answer some of these questions yourself.
- After you’ve asked your boyfriend these love test questions, listening to his answers carefully is important. Pay attention to what he says and how he says it. His tone of voice, body language, and overall demeanor can tell you a lot about how he really feels.
This is how to test your boyfriend’s love for you if you want the best results. Follow these tips, and you’ll get a clear picture of your boyfriend’s true feelings for you.
When deciding if your boyfriend truly loves you, you’ll need to rely on your gut and your heart.
Love is, at least partly, a feeling we can’t always explain logically. But if you’re questioning whether your boyfriend loves you, these love test questions can give you some clues.