A personal crisis.
Terrifying world events.
Uncertainty about your health, finances, or relationships.
Life is full of scary things that could happen – or unsettling things happening right now that could worsen.
It’s hard not to fret about the future.
Knowing you can’t predict future outcomes makes it even more tormenting.
If only our worrying and ruminating could control the result.
But as you’re aware, they don’t.
You might have goals for success and feel impatient to achieve them or overwhelmed by all of the hard work it will take.
The only healthy alternative when you’re anxious, impatient, or overwhelmed is to take it day by day.
“But that’s so hard,” you say.
Yes, it is – but not impossible – especially when you have the inspiration to retrain your thoughts.
Reading our list of living one day at a time quotes will put you in the right mindset to ease your anxieties and achieve your goals.
35 One Day at a Time Quotes to Calm Your Heart and Reach Your Goals
Take a deep breath and remember the power in your daily choices.
The future unfolds randomly in part, but your daily decisions and actions play a significant role in the outcomes.
Just manage today with intention and focus and do your best with the knowledge, tools, and information at your disposal.
Each of these living one day at a time quotes has a message for you if you search for it. As you read them, ask yourself, “How do these quotes apply to my life, and what can I do about it?” You’ll be surprised by all you discover.
1. “I never have planned a whole lot of future. It’s one day at a time.” – Darrell Royal
3. “Take it all one day at a time and enjoy the journey.” – Kristi Bartlett
4. “Success happens one day at a time… Day after day… Consistency wins the race in the end…” – Brad Sugars
5. “Live one day at a time. Keep your attention in present time. Have no expectations. Make no judgments” – Caroline Myss
6. “One part at a time, one day at a time, we can accomplish any goal we set for ourselves.” – Karen Casey
7. “You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.” – Day Marie Lu
8. “Life is easier when you take it one day at a time and remember that nothing is permanent.” – Lori Deschene
9. “I take one day at a time. I am not someone to define my goals.” – Vidya Balan
10. “Live one day at a time emphasizing ethics rather than rules.” – Wayne Dyer
11. “There’s no straighter road to success than exceeding expectations one day at a time.” – Robin Crow
12. “There’s only one day at a time here, then it’s tonight and then tomorrow will be today again.” – Bob Dylan
13. “The road to recovery will not always be easy, but I will take it one day at a time.” Amanda Lindhout
14. “Who knows, I have always lived one day at a time. Probably more adventure and excitement” – Rob Mariano
15. “Don’t be overwhelmed . . . take it one day and one prayer at a time.” – Stormie Omartian
16. “How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time.” Fred Brooks
17. “Take life one day at a time because every day is a different day with new challenges.” – Penny Streeter
18. “I still follow that model: just go hard every day, and take it one step at a time.” – Ace Hood
19. “Let us take one day only in hands at a time. Resolve to do good today and better tomorrow.” – Catherine McAuley
20. “God meets our needs one day at a time.” – Max Lucado
21. “There’s only one day at a time here, then it’s tonight and then tomorrow will be today again.” – Bob Dylan
22. “I have a new philosophy. I’m only going to dread one day at a time.” – Charles M. Schulz
24. “I’m just taking it one day at a time. Actually, that’s a total lie. I always think about what’s in front of me.” – Julianne Hough
25. “You just try to take it one day at a time, … You step on the basketball floor and just play. It’s fun. I’m comfortable with it.” – Kobe Bryant
More Related Articles
27. “I live one day at a time, one day at a time. Yesterday’s gone and tomorrow is blind, so I live one day at a time.” – Willie Nelson
28. “I remind myself every day just how lucky I am to do what I love! I feel so fortunate and I’m just trying to take my life one day at a time.” – Misty Copeland
29. “I’ve been sober now for a couple of years and I’m taking my sobriety very seriously – one day at a time and I am moving forward in my career.” – Daniel Baldwin
30. “When you wake up, think about winning the day. Don’t worry about a week or a month from now — just think about one day at a time.” – Drew Brees
31. “Everyone is lonely, we have to remember that life is to be lived one day at a time. You cannot worry about the past or future. Happiness is in the now.” – Claudia Gray
32. “With one kind gesture you can change a life. One person at a time you can change the world. One day at a time we can change everything. “ – Steve Maraboli
33. “Wholeheartedly do what it takes to awaken your clear-seeing intelligence, but one day at a time, one moment at a time.” – Pema Chodron
34. “Live your life to the fullest. In each waking day, you will find scores of blessings and opportunities for positive change. Do not let your today be stolen by the unchangeable past or the indefinite future! Today is a new day!” – Steve Maraboli
35. “I am setting myself free one day at a time. I am loving myself in a way I deserve one day at a time. I am being truer to myself than ever before one day at a time. I am healing. I am deepening, I am living… One day at a time.” – S.C Lourie
How Can You Use These Taking It One Day at a Time Quotes?
You’ve read the quotes, and that’s awesome. But now what? How will you use them to ground yourself in the moment and focus on the task at hand?
Here are some ideas we came up with:
- Write them on sticky notes. Pick your favorites and post them around your house or office to remind you to live for today.
- Use them as journal prompts. Write a new quote in your journal every day and write about the feelings or ideas the passage provokes. Don’t manage your writing. Let the quote kick off the process, and write whatever comes to mind.
- Create your own quotes. You can also use your journal to craft your own quotes about living one day at a time. Build a list that reflects your inner world using the quotes here to inspire you.
- Use them to inspire your task list. Every morning, read one or more of these quotes. Then choose your top three to five priorities for the day that will help you achieve a goal or manage a problem.
These take it one day at a time quotes are just the beginning. Embrace the concept that the only moment you have is this one, and the only day for action is today. Keep your attention focused on the task before you, and remember that tomorrow is another day.